If you’re a pet owner, then you probably know the feeling of how to care for your beloved pets, and you’re aware that they need as much care and attention like we do. Animals can suffer from the same medical problems as humans, such as seizures, depression, anxiety, and even chronic pain.
According to studies, animals also have an endocannabinoid system, which is a system of cannabinoid receptors that metabolizes, process, and utilizes cannabis. Experts also found out that the cannabinoid CBD is also helpful in treating several conditions and symptoms both in humans and animals.
This is why CBD oil for horses is becoming a popular choice when it comes to treating several conditions that horses experience. In this article, we are going to list down the benefits of CBD oil for horses. And as long as you do careful research, you can actually buy the best weed canada from a trusted online seller for an affordable price.
What is CBD Oil?
CBD is short for cannabidiol, and it is one of 100 cannabinoids that can be found in the medicinal hemp plant. Unlike the cannabidiol THC, we all know CBD does not have any psychoactive effects, which means that it will not cause any mind-altering experiences.
Aside from cannabinoids, the hemp plant also contains compounds also known as terpenes. This compound plays a significant role in how the hemp plant and its oils smell and taste. Terpenes are also considered a medicinal compound, and together with cannabinoids, they can boost their health benefits.
Benefits of CBD Oil in Horses
- Helps reduce inflammation – One of the significant benefits of CBD is its anti-inflammatory properties. Horses can be emotional creatures, which is why when they experience aching joints or an injury that causes inflammation, they can suffer chronic stress. If left untreated, it can lead to other health issues which can compromise the horse’s health. Several trainers and owners have discovered that CBD is effective when it comes to treating joint and inflammation problems.
- Helps to manage pain – Horses are active animals, and as they strut, run, and gallop, they have to endure their massive weight. This makes them susceptible to wounded hooves and factures. Not only that, but horses also have to carry all the extra weight of wearing a saddle and a human on their backs. As we mentioned, CBD contains anti-inflammatory properties which can help alleviate pain. Along with this, CBD also helps by inhibiting pain signals from the injured cells to the brain.
- CBD helps in digestive health – According to studies, CBD helps to improve a horse’s appetite as well as reduce nausea. Most of us are not aware of this, but horses also experience several digestive health issues as well such as bloating, indigestion, ulcers, lack of appetite, and even heartburn. CBD contains nutrients such as omega-9, omega-3, and omega-6 fatty acids, as well as vitamins K, C, A, E, and D. These vitamins and nutrients all work hand-in-hand in giving your horse a happy and healthy digestive system.
- Helps relieve stress and anxiety – Just like humans, horses are sensitive animals that are prone to stress and anxiety. In fact, they experience anxiety when they are in competitive events or simply pick up the stress or anxiety that their rider is experiencing. Because horses are herd animals, they can get anxious and stress every time they are put in a trailer for traveling purposes. According to breeders and equestrians, CBD helped their horses to become friendlier and calmer. Do not worry because CND doesn’t have any effects on the horse’s personality.
- Helps improve hoof and skin conditions – As we mentioned, CBD helps treat inflammation, which is why it can also be a valuable solution to hoof and skin conditions. According to research, CBD oil can treat skin conditions like psoriasis in humans. CBD has the same effect on horses because it can help reduce the symptoms of laminitis.
- Helps improve neurological health – CBD does not only reduce erratic electrical activity but can also help reduce brain cell death. This means that if your horse’s neurons can function smoothly, the rest of its body will follow.
Even if the use of CBD oil in horses is still under research, it continues to show several potentials in treating common conditions and symptoms that often affect horses.